Mountain Biking and Yoga weekend
Time & Location
About The Event
Elan Valley Classic Weekend
If you want a weekend of big challenging rides then look no further. Over the weekend we will take in the best trails in the area. We will ride through woodlands, over open moorland, through rivers and streams, some nice rocky technical sections and of course some lung busting climbs that will test your fitness levels! The best thing is that once we are out on the hills we will barely see another soul. So if you are looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of daily life, come to Wales, you won’t regret it.
Always ride trail centres and want to move towards riding more natural trails? Not sure where to start? We will go through the why’s and wherefores of wild riding to hopefully give you the confidence to grab a map and head out for an adventure. Bring an OS map of your area and lets see what we can find!
With a wealth of experience of teaching all different levels of ability and with a bike specific focus Polly’s yoga sessions will both enliven and relax. The morning sessions are dynamic but always start gradually before getting you energised for the day. The post ride sessions are a more relaxing affair with plenty of long held stretches to release any tension in the body from our ride. No previous yoga experience needed.
Suitable for riders with some experience and a reasonable fitness level. Expect some big climbs and some fun descents, some technical sections and plenty of water crossings. We will be out riding for up to 5 hours on day one and around 4 hours on day two. Non-mountain biking partners welcome - there are some brilliant walks in the area as well as a really lovely cycle path for a more mellow ride.
What's included in the price?
- Full Board accommodation Friday evening to Sunday afternoon in single or twin rooms
- Tea/Coffee and Cake on arrival and on return to accommodation on Saturday and Sunday after riding
- 3 Course Evening Meals on Friday and Saturday night . A choice of full breakfasts or porridge/muesli/toast. Packed lunches Saturday and Sunday
- Two days of riding with qualified guides
- Four Yoga sessions over the weekend
What's not included?
- Transport to the accommodation
- Bike hire - can be arranged at extra cost (see bookings page)
- Alcohol - there is an well stocked honesty bar at the venue